The village of East Ardsley was first recorded by the Domesday Book of 1086 as Erdeslau, and later in 1285 titled Ardeslawe.
East Ardsley once had a diverse economy, including agriculture, textiles, railways and coal-mining. Its coal mine closed in 1968 – the same year that the nearby Middleton closed.
Not a large village, the early cricket history of the club is not easily researched, but clearly in modern times they participated in the Central Yorkshire League after entry in 1949.
The forming of the Central Yorkshire League in 1938 came about through a perplexing trail of evolving leagues that included the early West Riding Central League. The Spen Valley League and the Heavy Woollen League contained clubs that would participate in the unwieldy Yorkshire Council, in an ever changing league landscape.
East Ardsley had limited successes in the Central Yorkshire League, and their forays in the Heavy Woollen Cup were not noteworthy until 1949. That season they progressed to the semi-final after an impressive 4-wicket victory against Cleckheaton, before going out to the eventual winners Ossett.